Hannan celebrates students with Honor Roll Assembly

February 8, 2019

Students at Archbishop Hannan High School are awarded for their academic success at the Honor Roll Assembly.

Students from 8th grade to 12th grade are given awards for their hard work and dedication in the first semester. These awards are for students that made a 3.5 G.P.A or higher. There are two awards that were given out during this assembly, the Crimson Honor Roll and Principles Honor Roll.

The Crimson Honor Roll is given to students that made between a 3.5 G.P.A and 3.79 G.P.A. The Principles Honor Roll is given to students that made a 3.8 G.P.A or higher.

Billy Colomb an 8th grader at Archbishop Hannan said, “This was my first time receiving the Principles Honor Roll at Hannan and will try to receive this award every year.”

In order to receive these awards, students work hard and take time out of the day to study for their upcoming tests.

“In order to achieve this award, I studied and worked hard”, said Hannan Senior Kameron Newman. “I stayed focused on school and all of my classes.”

At this assembly, the students get walk up in front of the whole school to receive this award. Parents and grandparents even come to watch as their son or daughter go up and receive their award.

Billy Colomb said, “When I am walking down the aisle, I feel happy and nervous. I was very excited when I was going get the award but was nervous because everybody’s eyes are staring at me.”

This award gives something to work towards. Going up in front of the whole school to be awarded for your academic excellence is something students should strive for.

“This award is important because it gives something to work for. Students should make school their main priority so they can get this award,” said Newman. “With good grades and good work ethic, you can be prepared and be successful in college or any challenge in front of you.”