The student news site of Archbishop Hannan High School

Hannan earns first round win against David Thibodeaux

February 7, 2018

While it may not have been the most exciting game to watch, given that the game was scoreless. The Hannan Varsity Boys team came up big over Northlake Christian.

“Northlake is one of the best teams in the state and has one of the best coaches in the state so to get a tie against them and secure a home playoff game, it gives us a lot of confidence heading into the playoffs,” said assistant coach Trey Labat.

After the game on Monday against Eleanor McMain which resulted in a tie, the Hawks bounced back and came up big against Northlake.

After the tie against Northlake Christian, the Hawks have secured a home playoff spot, which is very good considering the Hawks would’ve likely had to travel four or five hours to play the game if it was away.

When asked if he thinks the home field advantage in the playoffs will help Labat said, “It’s huge, we’ve played a lot better at home this season than on the road. The home field advantage really helped us against Northlake, at the end of the game the fans got into it at the end.”

The Hawks now sit at 7-6-4 as they enter the postseason and are ranked as the 15th seed in Divison III. The Hawks line up to play David Thibodaux High School on Friday. David Thibodaux has an overall record of 9-6-4 and sits at the No.18 seed.

If the Hawks can pull off a win, they will advance to regional and play against University Lab who is ranked number two seed in Division III.

If you have time before the Eve parade, come cheer the boys on. The game against David Thibodaux starts tonight at 5:30 P.M.