Students excited for Krewe of Hannan dance Saturday

January 26, 2018

Saturday, January 27th, Archbishop Hannan will be hosting their 4th annual Mardi Gras Masquerade dance.

The masquerade is a semi-formal dance that is more laid back than homecoming or Prom.

“Being able to get dressed up makes the night feel really special, but there’s less of an emphasis placed on formal activities, like taking pictures before the dance or going to eat afterwards, and more of an emphasis on just having a good time with your friends,” said Michael Messina, Student Body President, “I think that ultimately makes this dance pretty unique.”

The Masquerade dance is for the Freshman through Senior classes and the school is expecting to have a big turn out as they do every year.

“We announce it daily, we have flyers posted around school on all grade level boards, it’s on the school calendar and weekly announcements, plus has been broadcasted at the past two Monday assemblies,” said Charles Baird.

For the masquerade, a court, similar to Homecoming court, called the Krewe of Hannan will be announced.

The Krewe of Hannan is a group of students that will be acknowledged during the dance for setting a good example within their grades and the school as a whole.

The Krewe is selected by the teachers so everyone is eligible. The teachers usually select students who are friendly and engaged both in class and within school activities.

“The Mardi Gras theme has become a Hannan tradition so I’m really excited to keep it going. I think that it’s a fun dance that’s more relaxed than Homecoming or Prom but is still semi-formal. Plus there is the Krewe of Hannan that is announced mid dance,” said Olivia Maurer, senior, E- board.

It is optional to wear masks, but the grade with the most student’s participating by wearing the masks will receive spirit points.

Many students are very excited for the Masquerade. They enjoy being able to be with friends and think it is a great way to start off this semester.

“I am very excited because it brings all of my friends together and we all have fun. I have personally always loved Hannan dances because the music and the people make it a great experience,” said Holly Bultman, freshman.

Mia Lovecchio is a new student and is excited to experience her first Hannan dance.

“What I’m looking forward to most about this dance is that I’m excited to see the difference between my old school’s dances and Hannan’s dances which I have a feeling that Hannan’s are going to be better,” said Lovecchio, “In my opinion, I think that this will be a great way to start out my first semester at Hannan and I’m super excited to see what’s to come!”