Archbishop Hannan participates in the We CAN Do it food drive

November 15, 2017

This week Archbishop Hannan is participating in the We Can Do It food drive for the Covington Food Bank.

Students are being asked to donate non-perishable food items to the 300 building all this week.

“The food is going to be donated to the Covington Food Bank and is going to be distributed around the area to the those who are in need of food,” Nathan Estopinal said. “The We Can Do It food drive is going to help local shelters, the homeless and many families in our area.”

Teachers and faculty are sure that students at Hannan will meet their expectations and donate what they can.

“I think that Hannan students will donate because everyone wants to be apart of something and I think this is the perfect way of contributing to the community and helping out many who are less fortunate and don’t have access to basic items of life,” said Estopinal.

Over 3,000 pounds of food have been raised each week of doing this food drive for the past two years.

Archbishop Hannan and other schools on the Northshore do this in an effort to raise enough food to last for Thanksgiving since the past couple years Covington Food Bank has run out due to high demand.

Archbishop Hannan is competing with St. Paul’s, SSA, Lakeshore, Christ Episcopal, Mandeville High, Mandeville Jr. High and Pontchatoula High.

“I think the food drive is going to go well, due to fact of us competing against other schools in order to win. Usually the food drive does well, so we will see what happens!” Estopinal said.

At Hannan, the motto is “Charity Leads to Perfection,” which is displayed in many acts of the students including donating to this food drive to help out the homeless.

“Hannan Students should donate to the food drive to help the less fortunate who need our help the most,” said Nathan. “This charity event is something simple that we can do to be part of something bigger!”