The student news site of Archbishop Hannan High School

Hannan opens its doors to future Hawks

October 18, 2017

Archbishop Hannan High School will host its Open House on October 19 to give prospective students and families the opportunity to see the best that Hannan has to offer.

Hannan’s Open House has an “open campus” concept that allows families to explore the campus based on the student’s own interests and skills. The Hawk Band, Choir, Cheerleaders, and Hawkettes will all perform to open the night before followed by an introduction and welcome from Principal Fr. Charles Latour.

Families will then have the opportunity to visit Academic, Athletic, and Student Life Panels and listen to administrators, faculty, and current students and ask questions about the various programs. Hawk Athletics will be in action inside the gym with volleyball and boys basketball while the football program gives coach and student led tours of their facilities.

“We have an atmosphere that showcases the best that Hannan has to offer, the Hannan Way,” said Director of Admissions Steve Shepherd. “Our Open House is a night filled with our best students showing off their own campus and when people have an opportunity to talk about what they love about their school they do a great job.”

The Science Department will be displaying biology, chemistry, and physics experiments as well as featuring the robotics program. The art studio will have a full, interactive display and the Hannan theatre program will be giving a performance in the Quad. Student led campus tours will also held for those new to the campus. The event will last from 6:30 to 8:30 and is open to all perspective students and families.

“The overall environment was so comforting last year that I didn’t feel like a prospective student, but an actual Hawk,” said current eighth grader Cody Schexnaydre. “Everyone treated me like I was already a student at Hannan, and that truly confirmed my decision. After Open House, I knew for sure that Hannan was a wonderful choice.”