The student news site of Archbishop Hannan High School

The Hawkeye

The new Hawkeye, for the students, by the students

Find us on Thursday to learn all about the new student media organization.

Trey Labat, Hawkeye Advisor

Come to our booth on Club Day to learn all about the new students news organization.

Student journalism is an important part of any true high school experience.

It gives students an avenue to express their creativity, get involved in some of the most exciting things happening on campus and learn important skills that will translate to a variety of professional fields.

That’s what we’re aiming to bring to the students at the Hawkeye.

The Hawkeye was previously populated solely by the members of the publications’ strand of classes. While the publications classes will still make up a majority of the members of this student news organization, we are opening up the Hawkeye to any student with an interest journalism.

Any good news organization has both strong video and text components, so we’re looking for students who not only want to write, but also produce video packages for our website and YouTube channel.

Both the new publications teachers, Ms. Darian Miller, and I, Mr. Trey Labat (Digital Media and Video Production), will advise the Hawkeye this year.

Come find our table during Club Day on Thursday to inquire about what you can do to help us out this year.

Working at the Hawkeye will be an exciting an fulfilling experience. Students will have the opportunity to be published in professional news organizations around the area and develop strong written and communication skills.

Students will choose what to cover, produce their own content and act as their own bosses.

This organization aims to bring the students population of Hannan news produced by their peers.

See you on Thursday!